Choosing a name for a baby is not an easy task, especially since, as parents, we want to choose the most beautiful and perfect name for our future baby. Alejandra, meanwhile, is one of the most popular girl names in recent years in Spain. For this reason, many parents think of calling their baby Alejandra or her male version Alejandro, in case they have a boy. If you want to know more about this beautiful name, don’t miss this article about the meaning of the name Alejandra, as well as its origin, personality, saints, popularity and other information of interest. Alexandra is a girl’s name .
What does Alexandra mean?
The name Alejandra is the feminine version of the name Alejandro and means ” the protector of men “.
Origin of the name Alexandra
The name Alejandra is of Greek origin and, in turn, is the feminine variant of the name Alejandro. The name Alexander is composed of two Greek terms, which are: αλέξειν (Alexein), which means to protect, and ἀνδρός (ándros), which means man. The popularity and diffusion of the name Alejandro (consequently, from Alejandra), is due to the famous Alexander the Great .
Diminutives and variations of the name Alejandra
Among the most common diminutives of the name Alejandra, we find:
- move away
Among the variants of the name Alejandra, the following stand out:
The name Alexandra in other languages
- Alexandra in Italian: Alessandra
- Alexandra in German: Alexander
- Alexandra in French: Alexandra
- Alejandra in abbreviated English: Sandy, Alec, Alick
- Alejandra in Russian Hypocoristic: Sasha
Personality of the name Alejandra
People named Alejandra are usually very brave, proud, and hot-tempered . However, they are also elegant women who love to take care of their physical appearance and maintain their beauty. On the other hand, as much as they show a tough attitude, women named Alejandra are very sensitive , but they only show it with their closest friends. Check out the Samuel name meaning.
In private, the Alejandras are very sweet, calm and loyal . They are also very independent, so they enjoy being alone. In general, the Alejandras are very direct and honest. They are also great warriors who fight for what they believe in. When it comes to love, the Alejandras are very passionate, although they tend to miss their independence. For this reason, the Alejandras will give themselves completely to that special person who wants to fly with them and gives them their space when they need it.
Celebrities named Alexandra
- Alejandra Pizarnik : She was a great Argentine poet, winner of several literary prizes. Among her most famous works, her diaries and her poems stand out.
- Alejandra Guzman : She is a famous Mexican Latin pop actress and singer. She has participated in various series, soap operas and television programs.
- Alejandra Ambrosi : She is a well-known Mexican television actress. She has participated in series, soap operas and some movies. Her fame was especially launched with the telenovelas Dulce Amargo , Las Malcriadas , and Las traps of desire .
- Alejandra Rubio : She is the daughter of Terelu Campos and the granddaughter of Maria Teresa Campos.
Saint Alexandra’s Day
The Saint of Alejandra can be celebrated on different dates:
- January 11 (Saint Alexander)
- March 20 (Santa Alejandra)
- May 18 (Santa Alejandra)
- April 22 (Saint Alexandrina)
- July 27 (Saint Alexandra of Russia)
Numerology of the name Alexandra
According to numerology, the number associated with the name Alejandra is 3 .
Popularity of the first name Alexandra
According to data provided by the National Institute of Statistics, in Spain there are a total of 51,380 women named Alejandra with an average age of 23.6 years . As we can see on the map, the provinces with the highest percentage of people with the name Alejandra are: